Popular Posts

Thursday, August 28, 2008

Western Union in the Philippines “Something’s not right!”

Last month, my aunt complained about the Western Union in the Philippines for taking .30 from the money that I'd sent. And it happens again today. Last time I sent $250 to my family in the Philippines and this time I sent $200. My aunt is the receiver, she texted me that they took .30 out of $200 so she received 199.70$ which is not fair for me because I have to pay here just to send it and they are going to charge .30$ for receiving! What is that for?
It doesn’t make sense to me because when I send the money, they never told me that the receiver will be charged too. I know it’s just a 30 pennies but it’s an act of corruption. Everything begins from a little amount, but when you count it together, this can be BIG! Hoping for someone to explain this for me please… Thanks so much!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hoy, Pilipinas to, anong inaangal angal mo ha?

Anonymous said...

nako hindi ko alam kung bakit naging ganiyan. pambihira pati ba naman sa mga ganiyan may coruption na din.

Anonymous said...

jean i submitted my blog to ppp but unfortunately they cannot approve my blog because wordpress does not approve of paid blog advertisements. sabi i better create another account sa iba. lol. sayang naman.

Anonymous said...

hey hey! i have a funny story. i tried to make an account with blogger but i cannot understand a thing! i'm lost on how to make a new blog. lol!

Nancy Janiola said...

Hi there Jean...di naman cguro lahat ng Western Union branches ganito kasi, I've been receiving money from the United States too and everytime na mag claim ako, I always get the exact amount that I am suppose to receive...so I suggest...you address the complain to the specific WU branch kung saan nga claim yung aunt mo para naman they can express their side kung bakit nila ginangawa yan...di nga naman tama...

Anonymous said...

Haven't experience this also, my sister sometimes do send money thru western union(from US) but I do receive it with no deductions

Anonymous said...

I've been receiving western union money transfers for a good 5 years now, and they do not charge anything for recipients except if gusto mo convert from USD to PHP.

You should report that branch I think. Might be something wrong with them. But then again, maybe there's a new policy right now. Better use xoom, much cheaper and easier